Live your life following Moon Phases

Live your life following Moon Phases
ดัดแปลงจากรูปจาก www.astroclassical.com
Google
 

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Firefox lover part 1

I have devoted myself to be a Firefox lover for more than a year. For me, it is much better than IE but I still need IE because some of my favourite websites are not Firefox-friendly support. :P

Even the easy-looking font appearance of IE 7 is comfort for my eyes but the speed and add-ons of Firefox win my mind so I prefer Firefox.

Anyway, there are 2 IE problems frustating me everyday:

1. IE always comes up when I click on the link in my mail from Outlook. I came across this problem easily by search on google and found the solution from this website
http://www.slipstick.com/problems/firefox.htm

I re-edit the solution and put it below.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
How to use Firefox to open the link in Outlook.
  1. Open My Computer
  2. Select Tools and then Folder Options... (Tip: In Windows, if a list of the menu has '...' at the end, it means there will pop a new window.)
  3. Select the File Types tab
  4. In Registered File Types, look for Extension: File Type :: (NONE) URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol
  5. Click Advanced button in Detials for 'Drive' file type
  6. In the Edit File Type window, in Actions:, select open and click Edit... button
  7. Click Browse button to find where your firefox program is. It should be in "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe"
  8. Clear the Use DDE message box
  9. Click OK
  10. If the icon is still IE icon, click on Change icon... button. Type or Browse to "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" then choose the icon you want (There are only 2 icons.) and Click OK
  11. Repeat 4-10 for File Type:: (NONE) URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol with Privacy and FTP
  12. Click OK and see the change!
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If you are someone annoyed by this problem, try the above solution.

2. I could not change the first page (hom epage) of IE. It always open www.msn.com for me. Thanks Bill, but I do not want it! I tried many methods, I closed my anti-virus programs, I changed registry but it does not work. I have not yet found the solution. If you know how, please let me know.

No comments: