Live your life following Moon Phases

Live your life following Moon Phases
ดัดแปลงจากรูปจาก www.astroclassical.com
Google
 

Friday, April 20, 2007

Widget <--> Gadget

Today, I added 2 widgets here.

The first is the Sudoku widget. If you are a sudokuholic person, you can challenge yourself here.

The second is the horoscope widget. From now on, when you visit my blog, you can get your daily horoscope. Anyway, make sure that you select the right sign. :)

Last night, while I was searching for some firefox add-ons, (They are my favourite powerful features of firefox.) I got the google toolbar gadget. Actually, I do not like to have many toolbars because they reduce some spaces of the screen vision. However I like to test, I will try it for a few days and see if I like it or not.

When you reach this sentence, do you have any questions in your head? What is widget, what is gadget?, what are their differences? I have to admit that I am not an expert. From my understanding, I think they can be used substitutively. The word 'gadget' named before 'widget'. Gadget means a small device used for a specific purpose. (from wikipedia) It is often referred to a high-technology device. Apple is the first computer used the word 'gadget' for its small applications in Mac. The gadgets are very popular tools in Mac, later, they crossed platform to windows and they were called 'widgets' since then.

No comments: